Struggling To get MusicBox running

hey all
im new to this forum and raspberry pi so please bear with me . Im trying to set up music box and im using musicbox v0.6 and its running on the pi but i can seem to access the musicbox.local i get the message this webpage is not available .it is on a new sd card with fresh install i am running on a wired network. please any advice on how to fix this ??

thanks for reading
ben

In my experience, musicbox.local does not always translate to the actual IP address that your Pi Musicbox is on.

Instead, just use a network scanner on your phone or pc to find the LAN IP address and navigate there.

Like this one for Android:

thanks
i just gave it a go and had the same error message. i was wondering if musicbox is the best option for me. I am building a internet radio and music streamer from my phone and control the radio from a touch screen wich can be run on a separate or same raspberry pi . Would you recommend another option ??
thanks

Seems a bit rude to recommend another option on this forum but I have had a lot more success with Volumio. I can get musicbox to work and when it does its very good. Its just that sometimes it doesn’t work, or it forgets settings, or it can’t connect. Volumio worked first time and keeps on working, I’ve have carried on with musicbox because the web radio is better than Volumio and it has a couple of setting Ilike but I think I am about to give up.

Thanks for the suggestion looks like a good alternative. I have struggled for a while trying to get music box to work properly i have the same issues you have mention. ill give it a go now.

thanks
ben

If you have a monitor connected musicbox will print it’s IP address when it finishes booting and also any errors encountered will be printed. From what you describe it sounds sounds like an error during boot which prevents Mopidy from starting. You’d need to connect a monitor, or enable SSH and login to see what is going on.

thanks , Its ok now i have setup using volumio and its working perfectly. now just got to try getting the touch screen working . ill probably have a go at getting musicbox working at a later date tho. :smiley: but thanks for the advice and help.

ben