Spotify playlists no longer loading in Musicbox following restart

I rebooted my raspi2 Musicbox today and Spotify playlists no longer load. Spotify streams fine through browse and search, so I don’t think it’s a problem with authentication or connectivity.

I also built another new raspi2 Musicbox (from scratch) today and it’s having the same problem with Spotify. Streaming works, but the playlists never load. The mopidy.log file doesn’t seem to show anything notable.

Anyone else having this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Aaron

I have a similar issue. I just installed musicbox for the first time on my old Pi, and I cannot play playlists. Most tracks show as loading and never resolve. If selected I have to restart the Pi. (Genre and Mood lists)

A user’s Spotify playlists are different to the curated Spotify playlists
that you access through your client’s ‘browse’ interface (spotify-tunigo).

We did have a strange issue with user Spotify playlists a while back which
sounds like the OP’s issue. It affected only some people and some of these
had success by deleting their Spotify cache files. But it just seemed to
disappear after a while and looked like more of an issue with the Spotify
service itself. It’s probably worth checking your log file for any error
messages but my guess is you won’t find anything.

Yes it’s affecting me too, and I think it was me who reported the issue last time that kingosticks is referring to. This time, deleting the spotify cache has not helped. Some of us are just unlucky.

‘mopidy -v’ is at startup gives me the following messages about each of my playlists:

DEBUG    2015-06-27 21:47:12,799 [18271:SpotifyThread] mopidy_spotify.playlist_manager
  Callback called: The state of playlist "The Bad Plus – Inevitable Western" changed
DEBUG    2015-06-27 21:47:12,799 [18271:SpotifyThread] mopidy_spotify.playlist_manager
  Callback called: Update of playlist "The Bad Plus – Inevitable Western" in progress
  Callback called: Update of playlist "The Bad Plus – Inevitable Western" done

Then I get, repeated at regular intervals:

DEBUG    2015-06-27 21:47:22,995 [18271:Dummy-22] mopidy_spotify.session_manager
  System message: 20:47:22.994 E [ap:4172] ChannelError(0, 1, metadata)
DEBUG    2015-06-27 21:47:37,296 [18271:Dummy-22] mopidy_spotify.session_manager
  System message: 20:47:37.296 E [ap:4172] ChannelError(0, 1, metadata)
DEBUG    2015-06-27 21:47:49,452 [18271:Dummy-22] mopidy_spotify.session_manager
  System message: 20:47:49.452 E [ap:4172] ChannelError(0, 1, metadata)

I’m also having difficulty adding spotify tracks to the tracklist. Some work perfectly fine. Others time out while being looked up and show as [loading].

Don’t know if this is anything to go on. Probably just Spotify being wierd?

Spotify desktop client (OSX) is working fine.

Thanks guys. Does anyone know the directory location of the Spotify cache on Musicbox?

This probably isn’y going to solve my problem because it seems to be affecting both my existing Musicbox (running for a few months) and also a brand new one which presumably had no cache initially.

Any other ideas? Wife will be mad if I don’t fix this before she finds out!

Aaron

I think it’s in /var/lib/mopidy/ but I’m not at a pc right now to check.
It might tell you if you run ‘service mopidy run config’.

And…all of the sudden Spotify playlists are working today on both Musicbox devices. I suppose something on the Spotify side must have changed.

Thanks everyone for your help! And I hope it’s also working for the one or two others who mentioned they had the same issue.

Yep, all cleared up for me too. I guess Spotify must have had something going on at their end.