I’ve discovered Mopidy recently and installed it on a laptop directly plugged to my amp. It was pretty difficult for me but it’s working pretty well now. I use it with mopidy-iris because of the interface, the display of albums, the search engine, etc.
I don’t really understand some things :
- Even with good tags (with Exfalso on Ubuntu), I cannot see some albums (even if I refresh) but when I use the search engine included in Iris, I see them. Is it a simple bug ?
- What are the folders local, m3u and playlist ?
- I don’t use radionet (i didn’t manage to make it work), is it possible to add a radio stream like I do in radiotray, with a URL.mp3 ?
- Iris doesn’t show some covers. What I’m doing wrong ?
- I tested Musicbox and Iris. Which one is lighter ? The more stable ? I prefer the display of Iris but should I use Musicbox ? I also tested Party or Mobile (for my phone), but my favorite stays Iris. Are there other web-client I should test ?
- I didn’t manage to make Youtube work. I always had an strange error asking for an update. I disabled it for now. Do you know a good tutorial for it ?
- I’ve created a network connection to add albums and musics in my mopidy library, but I have to connect it in SSH to do a local scan. Is there a way to update the library more easily ?
Your help is precious !
3) To add a stream, Musicbox-webclient seems to work ! Then, with Iris, you can use the stream under the “Playlist” section.