Cannot get Mopidy audio to play through bluetooth speaker on Raspbian

I am trying to get Mopidy-Spotify through Iris to output audio though a JBL flip 4.

I’m on Raspbian, running Mopidy as a service, and all seems to go well until I try to play the audio, which unfortunately isn’t output through the speaker (despite rest of the system’s audio coming through it). Additionally, Mopidy audio doesn’t seem to be coming through the AV Jack if I direct the rest of the system’s audio through it. I’m sure this is some small user error situation, but I can’t figure it out, please help!

Pardon the likely lack of information. I’m a new linux user so its been a bit of a project trying to set this up. Thanks in advance for any help.

Additionally, I think its worth noting that when audio is ‘playing’ in Iris Spotify, there is a very slight static noise over the speaker, which stops if the track is stopped.

Update

I can get audio to play through both HDMI and the AV Jack by adding

[audio]
output = alsasink device=hw:0,0

and

[audio]
output = alsasink device=hw:1,0

respectively. I can’t figure out how to play it through the bluetooth speaker, though, because it is not displayed when I use

aplay -l

which outputs

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: b1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1], device 0: bcm2835 HDMI 1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1]
  Subdevices: 2/4
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 1: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
  Subdevices: 4/4
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3

This means, to my understanding, that the problem is entirely with me not knowing how to properly set the [audio] output to the bluetooth speaker. I understand this is probably a simple issue but any help would be appreciated.

I had a similar issue: On Raspian I connect to my bluetooth speaker using the desktop GUI. Youtube, VLC, etc. would play over the speaker, but not mopidy running as a service.

I solved the bluetooth speaker issue using this link: Running as a service — Mopidy 3.1.1 documentation

Link to my full project: GitHub - bsaund/musicbox: Instructions and code for my raspberry pi music box

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.