Web browser on Android not connecting to to Mopidy on PI

Hello
I have 2 samsung mobile phones on different OSs and I am trying to use them to connect to mopidy on a PI. Connecting on the 6680 port on the android versions of firefox, chrome or the samsung browser using iris, moped or musicbox, the phones are not able to connect to the server. They cannot see the server.
BUT, exactly the same connection using the same browsers on an iphone or my PC works perfectly. Any idea what might be blocking the connection on the android telephones I have?
Many thanks for any thoughts.

Some time ago this used to be because Android didn’t recognise the name.local so you had to find the mopidy instance by using the ip address (192.168.0.??) followed by 6680 etc.
More and fuller explanation here
Whether this still is the case I’m not sure.

Steve is right. It’s incredible but Android STILL does not natively support mdns.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I am not sure it is quite this. I am accessing the PI using a G4 connection in WAN. My address is my ISP router IP on port 6800. The router forwards to the PI. I use Icecast 2 to broadcast and Iris as the interface.
But I don’t get that far as I cannot get the web apps to connect to the server on the G4 connection, which has quite enough bandwidth. Wifi connection works and the same G4 connection on my iphone works too.

After further investigation, it seems that it is limited to certain mobile operators. Sounds very strange to why they would do this, but this is what I have been able to deduce for the moment.

Following an android OS upgrade, all now works. Go figure . Thanks

Eventually I have the real reason why I have not been able to connect to mopidy on a Rapberry PI properly via the mobile phone G4 network.
It seems that my mobile phone supplier Bouygues Telecom in France, has specific connection specs that are hidden in the Android system preferences / Connection / Mobile Networks / Acces Point Names … then select the Access Point Name the phone is using.

The telephones I tested were not aligned to the ISP config. Below is the Bouygues Telecom APN config that means that my mopidy server now works on my Androids.

Nom = Bouygues Telecom
APN = mmsbouygtel.com
Proxy = non défini
Port = non défini
Nom d’utilisateur = non défini
Mot de passe = non défini
Serveur = non défini
MMSC = http://mms.bouyguestelecom.fr/mms/wapenc
Proxy MMS = 62.201.129.226
Port MMS = 8080
MCC = 208
MNC = 20
Type d’authentification = PAP
Type d’APN = default,supl,mms
Protocole APN = IPv4
Protocole d’itinérance APN = IPv4
Support = non défini
Type d’opérateur du réseau virtuel mobile = aucun

But the real problem seems to come from setting up a IPv6 conf on the PI. There is plenty on the web about it.

I hope this inspire someone who cannot listen to their mopidy on a mobile network.