WARNING Local media dir does not exist

Hello, I’m running Mopidy as a service. When I run sudo mopidyctl local scan, it says WARNING Local media dir /home/fox/Music does not exist. when I do a ls -a on the folder, it does exisit. How can I fix this?

Running "/usr/bin/mopidy --config /usr/share/mopidy/conf.d:/etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf local scan" as user mopidy
INFO     Starting Mopidy 2.0.1
INFO     Loading config from builtin defaults
INFO     Loading config from /etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf
INFO     Loading config from command line options
INFO     Enabled extensions: spotify, mpd, http, stream, m3u, softwaremixer, file, local
INFO     Disabled extensions: none
WARNING  Local media dir /home/fox/Music does not exist.
INFO     Found 0 files in media_dir.
WARNING  Encountered 1 errors while scanning media_dir.
INFO     Checking 0 tracks from library.
INFO     Removing 0 missing tracks.
INFO     Found 0 tracks which need to be updated.
INFO     Scanning...
INFO     Scanned 0 of 0 files in 0s.
INFO     Done scanning.

Try changing the folder permissions so that the mopidy user can read it.

I’m having the same warning.
Mopidy “local” extension writes WARNING Local media dir does not exist error for the same path which works with “file” extension.

No permission problem, the directory is 777 with all things in it, and it wouldn’t work with file if that would be the problem, but it works with that. Why is that?

I’ve typed chmod 0777 /home/fox/Music and still doing the same thing. What else could I do?

Is this feature ever worked for someone?

i guess you also need to make sure that /home/fox and /home are readable by the mopidy user.

777 means it’s readable, writeable, and runnable for all users…

Yes, but not just the Music directory, all parent directories must be accessible as well. But it’s just a wild guess, and was meant for @ErraticFox anyway. Your issue seems to be sth. else, since it already works with file, doesn’t it?

Specifically, the parent directories (/home/fox and /home) need to be executable (+x) by the mopidy user. http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/21251/execute-vs-read-bit-how-do-directory-permissions-in-linux-work

1 Like

Thanks, I always get these messed up with directories :wink:

@disconnect5852 If you are still having problems then please post a debug log showing the issue. The File and Local backends do work differently (but I’d expect you to see a similar warning message at startup).

It works now, |Music after the path wasn’t needed, but it is for file extension. :\

Adding a name after the pipe separator is indeed only for the file extension and it is entirely optional.