Spotify stopped working

A new pimusicbox image would be great. But with good instructions setting up mopidy on a raspian image is doable. As long as you are available for help. Did you write the pimusicbox BTW?

I am trying to understand the power of different mopidy addon packages. Spotify was my premium goal. Not sure what spotify connect adds for me.

I also added mopidy-tunein, and I am completely surprised by the power of this package.

So I will try to delve into more possibilities.

And… the speed of startup of this new install is also surprising compared to the “old” image of the pimusicbox. I suspect that the main problem is that the pimusicbox is written in python2.7, while everything should be ported to python3 by now. Maybe the lightest/smallest image would be sufficient and even a bit faster?

Once you have discovered how to control the pi via putty and exchange files via filezilla, you don’t need a desktop configuration for the rasperry pi any more.

Greetings, Quintijn

Just popping in here (first time on the platform) to add my voice in calling for a new musicbox image :slight_smile: been using it for years, but I’m starting to feel like my Linux skills aren’t quite up to par for patching it up to be fully functional these days.

Hello Arian,

I jumped in in configuring Mopidy, following the instructions of Kingosticks, see the discussions above.

After it all worked, which was less difficult than I expected beforehand, I found the boot time now is very much shorter than of the musicbox.

I would advice to start to build from mopidy!!

Greetings, Quintijn