Spotify search broken

You are absolutely right, I forgot that pip --upgrade updates the dependencies too.

Changed it to pip install mopidy-dirble==1.3.0

I am now up and running - I also updated the TuneIn plugin - the one there did not appear to be working anymore

pip install mopidy-tunein==0.3.0

(0.4.0 - talked about modipy 2 - so decided 0.3.0 was good enough for now.)

So my last piece is the local files - I read the document links but don’t really understand what I need to do.
Any help would be great if someone else has figured it out.

Hi @kingosticks, I SSH’d into our office Pi and ran your fix (Spotify search broken), but it hasn’t resolved the problem with Spotify search. Instead of hanging on the spinning loader like before, on our musicbox the loader simply appears for a split second and then vanishes again.

I didn’t encounter any error messages while running the commands for your fix, so I have nothing to help narrow down the problem. Is there anything else I might be able to do?

Thanks for your work by the way, we’ve been using musicbox since June last year and it’s rocked up until Spotify did whatever they did to their API!

Spotify fixed their search on Friday (see above) so you could just go back to stock v0.6 and things should work (until the next time they do something like this).

I can’t immediately think what the problem could be there. I’ve previously not pushed the idea of upgrading parts from what’s shipping in v0.6 to avoid spending time debugging half-baked untested solutions like the one I proposed earlier in this thread (at the time I thought there was no other option to keep musicbox working).

Is re-imaging back to v0.6 an option for you?

I’ll make time to re-image this week when I can and let you know if that doesn’t solve it. Thanks!

Update 25/02: Re-image complete, Spotify issue resolved!