Send audio from cellphone (android) to Mopidy (without bluetooth)

So, there is a way to do this?

No, Mopidy isn’t designed for this use case and does not support this.

However, you could make something work using Snapcast. One stream from your phone and one stream from Mopidy. Then have Iris manage both streams. I think this is possible but I’ve never tried it and can’t help further myself.

i look some snapcast config / mopidy related and found that in the audio section they put this:

output = audioresample ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw,rate=48000,channels=2,format=S16LE ! filesink location=/tmp/snapfifo

here, audioresample and audioconvert are necesary? (because i dont want to lose nothing of quality, also dont want to improve quality, just that sounds how is being streaming), also i suppose can change 48000 for 192000 abd format to s32le.

I cant make the test now, and maybe you already knows.

yes, I do this. I can cast from my android phone and have it served up on a snapcast stream. It does require an app on the phone (AirMusic) which captures the audio and throws it out via DLNA. There is a free version for PoC work but for production there is a nominal cost for the app (very low one-off payment from memory).
Its not perfect, but it works well enough to cast podcasts and radio from the phone to the house system. Note that mopidy is not really involved at all unless you are using it to manage the snapcast streams. snapclient app on the android phone is a little easier to use for this tho.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, that’s very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.