Searching in streams / podcasts does not work

Hi,

i installed on my pi3 from the scratch:

• Raspian Jessy
  • mopidy last version from apt repo
  • modipy podcast
  • modipy musicbox webclient

I want to search for podcast streams by using the ‘Search’ button in musicbox.

By clicking the Search lens the seach site opens and then i select 'All service’
Now when entering the search topic and klicking ‘Search!’ it will always find nothing.
The only thing what can be found are mp3 files stored locally on the sdcard of the Pi.

Everything else will not be found here.
When i use my smartphone with the APP 'M.A.L.P.seach within this app works. I tried several web clients for Modipy but all the same. Only Smartphone app works.

Any idea ?
regards

Hello,

I think you mean mopidy and not modipy.

Hopefully @tkem will correct me if I am wrong but mopidy-podcast does not provide search functionality (what exactly would it search???):

Mopidy-Podcast is a Mopidy extension for browsing and playing podcasts.

I cannot explain what M.A.L.P is doing from what you have said.

Have you also installed mopidy-podcast-itunes and are you actually talking about searching podcasts on itunes?

Well, mopidy-podcast v1.x actually supported searching for podcasts/episodes within your subscribed feeds; see also http://mopidy-podcast.readthedocs.io/en/v1.1.1/

However, this turned out to be more trouble than it’s worth, so the whole concept of “subscribed” feeds was dropped in mopidy-podcast v2, and with it the search functionality (which wasn’t very good at finding stuff, anyway).

To be able to search for podcasts (in the sense that most people seem to expect), you probably want to use mopidy-podcast-itunes as @kingosticks already suggested.

BTW, changed topic from “Pi MusicBox” to “Mopidy”, since only the MusicBox Web client is used, anything else seems to be a vanilla Mopidy installation AFAICS.

Dear all,

fist of all thanks for your time and replies (-; - and yes - i mean mopidy of course.

@kingosticks
May be it is more clear when i give screenshot to you:

I have marked the search lens which i used.
When i enter search item (example: HERE) in this field and press ‘Enter’ the next page shows the result which is usally nothing.

“Have you also installed mopidy-podcast-itunes and are you actually talking about searching podcasts on itunes?”

No i do not use itunes. I just use the ‘mopidy-podcast’ extension.

@tkem
“To be able to search for podcasts (in the sense that most people seem to expect), you probably want to use mopidy-podcast-itunes as @kingosticks already suggested.”

I have no account at itunes. You mean the this extension work for me also without apple account ??

best regards

@Karl_Sapp: Yes. It uses the public iTunes search API. Maybe I should state this more clearly in the project’s README - good point :wink:

Wow - thats perfect. I installed it and it just works - nice work .
Thanks (-;

@Karl_Sapp: Great! Since I suppose you’re located in a German-speaking country, you might want to set

[podcast-itunes]
country = DE

(or “AT”, “CH”, or whatever).
See also https://github.com/tkem/mopidy-podcast-itunes for additional options.

actually, on Pi Musicbox, you probably don’t want to do that.

It’s a stupid simple bug but it’s not one I’ve ever hit myself so I haven’t bothered fixing it, and neither has anyone else. Sorry.