RPi2 - m4a files not being scanned - "No audio found in file"

I’ve gotten Mopidy installed on my RPi2 running Jessie, and it’s taking some work to get it scanning. I’ve already applied the workaround in this GitHub issue comment to get some things working. I’ve also installed the gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad and gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly packages.

Even with all that, every .m4a file reports a warning of “No audio found in file”. I thought the m4a plugin for gstreamer was in the “bad” plugins. The only real wrinkle is that I’m scanning files on an automounted CIFS share, but other than being slow it’s scanning most .mp3s fine. I’m also using the mopidy-local-sqlite library backend, if that matters at all in this.

Some .mp3 files give a “Timeout after 1000ms” warning, but most of them are being scanned now…

I’ll answer my own issue here… despite apt-cache show mopidy telling me that mopidy depended on gstreamer0.10-plugins-good which led me to believe that I needed the gstreamer0.10-plugins* packages, installing gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad fixed the problem.

Well, it fixed the m4a problem… I still have the timeout problem on some mp3 files.

Thank you so much duckpuppy. This solved my problem.