Musicbox extention not visible in web gui

Hello!

The webgui extension is visible nowhere within the default mopidy gui or by going to the musicbox_webclient/ url extention directly.

CONTEXT:

I have just installed the musicbox on ubuntu 19.10 Server (on a raspberry pi 4 device)…
sudo python3 -m pip install Mopidy-MusicBox-Webclient

I have made sure that the following…
[musicbox_webclient]
enabled = true
musicbox = false
websocket_host =
websocket_port =
on_track_click = PLAY_ALL

… is in the conf files
the one under ~/.config/mopidy
and the one under /etc/mopidy

I can successfully run mopidy and view it on any device in my local network
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy/ext.py:202: PkgResourcesDeprecationWarning: Parameters to load are deprecated. Call .resolve and .require separately.
extension_class = entry_point.load(require=False)
INFO Starting Mopidy 2.2.3
INFO Loading config from builtin defaults
INFO Loading config from /home/ubuntu/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf
INFO Loading config from command line options
INFO Enabled extensions: mpd, http, stream, m3u, softwaremixer, file, local, soundcloud
INFO Disabled extensions: none
INFO Starting Mopidy mixer: SoftwareMixer
INFO Starting Mopidy audio
INFO Starting Mopidy backends: StreamBackend, M3UBackend, FileBackend, LocalBackend, SoundCloudBackend
INFO Audio output set to “autoaudiosink”
INFO Loaded 5865 local tracks using json
INFO Logged in to SoundCloud as “Emo No Rio”
INFO Starting Mopidy core
INFO Starting Mopidy frontends: MpdFrontend, HttpFrontend
INFO MPD server running at [::]:6600
INFO HTTP server running at [::]:6680
INFO Starting GLib mainloop

However, the webgui extension is visible nowhere within the default mopidy gui or by going to the musicbox_webclient/ url extention directly (as seen below).

Any advice on making this music player work would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Install the latest 3.x version of Mopidy from apt.mopidy.com by following the instructions in our document at https://docs.mopidy.com/en/latest/installation/debian/. That version is a Python 3 compatible release and will work with the Python 3 version of Mopidy-Musicbox-webclient you have installed.

You are currently running Mopidy v2.2.3, that’s an old Python 2 version, perhaps installed from the Ubuntu software repositories? That version only works with Python 2 versions of extensions. None of the Python 2 versions will see any updates. You probably don’t want that.

This is great. I will try this today and confirm. Thanks!