Mopidy - Pandora => How to configure and to use Pandora?

Hello,

I am new in this forurm and via an Rasperry Radio project (my first one) I have gotten my first contact with mopidy. I also have installed Mopidy-Pandora (I use PIA and open VPN) but how I have to configure it? I always get the warning that I have to type in a partner decryption_key, encryption_key and a partner password etc. Furthermore I have no iphone (use Android). And last but not least: If everything is configured correctly? How I can start Pandora?

[pandora]
enabled = true
api_host = tuner.pandora.com/services/json/
partner_encryption_key =
partner_decryption_key =
partner_username = iphone
partner_password =
partner_device = IP01
username =
password =

Please can someone help me to configure everything correctly.

Thanks a lot.

Arie

Have you read the documentation at https://github.com/rectalogic/mopidy-pandora/blob/develop/README.rst

Hello,

I have already read it. Unfortunately it does not work for me. But it does not matter. I am already testing RuneAudio. Is seems easier for me to configure. I am sure that Mopidy has more possibilities and that you can Mopidy tune much better. But for a technical layman as me RuneAudio seems actually the better option.

Thanks for your help.

Bergfex

The README that @kingosticks referred to contains details on how to configure Mopidy-Pandora: all of the partner_* configuration values need to be set (based on your needs and preferences) before it will work.

@jcass77, out of interest, does it matter which of the credentials you use from https://6xq.net/pandora-apidoc/json/partners/#partners ?

Yes, they all provide a different number and quality of audio streams.

android-generic offers more options In general, and D01 is best for paid subscribers.

It might be worth adding that snippet of advice to the readme.

Hi,

I am having similar problems. I read the README and the Troubleshooting guide, but mopidy still can’t connect to Pandora. Pydora works and mopidy works with spotify/mopify as well. Here is my Pandora config section:

[pandora]
enabled = true
api_host = tuner.pandora.com/services/json/
partner_encryption_key = 721^26xE22776
partner_decryption_key = 20zE1E47BE57$51
partner_username = iphone
partner_password = P2E4FC0EAD3*878N92B2CDp34I0B1@388137C
partner_device = IP01
username = xxxxxxxxxx
password = xxxxxxxxxx

The extension gets loaded, but the login fails:

2016-07-04 18:52:34,615 INFO [597:MainThread] mopidy.commands: Starting Mopidy backends: PandoraBackend, SpotifyBackend, StreamBackend, M3UBackend, FileBackend, LocalBackend
2016-07-04 18:52:34,771 INFO [597:PandoraBackend-4] requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool: Starting new HTTPS connection (1): tuner.pandora.com
2016-07-04 18:52:34,793 WARNING [597:PandoraBackend-4] requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x73b64890>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)’: /services/json/?method=auth.partnerLogin

Any idea what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Mark

I can’t see any obvious reasons why the connection would fail.

1. What operating system are you running on?

2. Please post the output of mopidy deps

3. Which process did you follow for installation of Mopidy + Pandora (e.g. manual using pip, manual using os-specific package manager, stock MusicBox, etc).