JSON errors suddenly occurring

Hi - for some reason, out of nowhere as far as I can see, whenever I try to use Iris to browse music (local and Spotify) I get weird database errors. Specifically, I get:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

I can’t browse or play any media. This happens on a Windows 10 PC using Firefox/Chrome or on an Android phone.

I’m not sure exactly what this means, or how I can fix this without totally hosing my installation and starting over (which would be super annoying)?

The strange thing is that this seems to have just come out of nowhere - I didn’t change or upgrade anything as far as I know before this started happening, when previously everything was working well.

Where do you get this error? In your web browser? The Mopidy error log? The iris debug logging? Are you sure you are connecting to the correct port? Need more details.

Web browser - sorry, I thought that was obvious from “This happens on a Windows 10 PC using Firefox Chrome”.

If I access the Pi using a browser, when I click on any category in Iris (albums, artists, etc) I get that error after a second or two and it never finds any media locally or on Spotify.

It seems to me that something has gone wrong with the media database - is there a way to force mopidy to rebuild it?

Mopidy has no media database for Spotify content. Mopidy local has a media database you can clear, very much doubt that’ll help: GitHub - mopidy/mopidy-local: Mopidy extension for playing music from your local music archive

Iris has its own state, instructions to reset at Advanced · jaedb/Iris Wiki · GitHub but presumably you tried that already. If you have not already done so, read the iris troubleshooting page. And then the Mopidy troubleshooting page.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.