Initial scan problems on raspberry pi

I’m working on getting Mopidy set up on my raspberry pi. I’m using the latest version of raspbian, mopidy, and have the mopidy-sqlite extension enabled. While doing the initial scan for local files (mopidy local scan), it is timing out on many many files. I have the timeout set at 3000ms. Also, it is taking quite a while (but not totally ridiculous).

Two questions:

1. If I wait for the scan to complete, is it possible that I’ll be able to pick up the timed-out tracks with an additional scan? I’m new to mopidy, so I’m hoping that if I scan again, it will just update the database and not start from scratch.

2. Could I get around the lengthy initial scan by installing mopidy on a faster computer, building the database there, and then copying it over to the pi?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any feedback.

-cka

I also have a problem with the local scan on my Raspberry Pi3. I have the mopidy-sqlite extension enabled and the timout set on 10000ms. The local scan scans the NAS drive that is connected to the same WiFi network for music. See the warnings below from the log when the local scan is running (‘sudo mopidyctl local scan’):

WARNING Failed local:track:90s%20Top%20100%20Best%20Ever%20%282010%29/CD2/%40eaDir/31.%20DJ%20Paul%20Elstak%20-%20Life%20Is%20Like%20A%20Dance.mp3%40SynoEAStream: gst-stream-error-quark: Could not determine type of stream. (4)

WARNING Failed local:track:Adele%20-%20Greatest%20Songs%20%282018%29/%40eaDir/01%20-%20Hello.mp3%40SynoEAStream: gst-stream-error-quark: No valid frames found before end of stream (5)

Both tracks are playing fine on my laptop.

I ensured that the following packages were installed:
‘sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-libav’ (1.10.4-1)
‘sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly’ (1.10.4-1)
‘sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad’ (1.10.4-1)
‘sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-good’ (1.10.4-1)

When I enter: ‘mopidy deps’ in the terminal, all plugins are in the category ‘Found’. I also installed ‘flump3dec’ (‘sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-fluendo-mp3’) because it was the only plugin that was listed in the category ‘Not found’.

GStreamer: 1.10.4.0 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi
Detailed information:
Python wrapper: python-gi 3.22.0
Relevant elements:
Found:
uridecodebin
souphttpsrc
appsrc
alsasink
osssink
oss4sink
pulsesink
flump3dec
id3demux
id3v2mux
lamemp3enc
mad
mpegaudioparse
mpg123audiodec
vorbisdec
vorbisenc
vorbisparse
oggdemux
oggmux
oggparse
flacdec
flacparse
shout2send
Not found:
none

What else can I try?

Thanks for your effort and time.

Which is decoded as

local:track:90s Top 100 Best Ever (2010)/CD2/@eaDir/31. DJ Paul Elstak - Life Is Like A Dance.mp3@SynoEAStream

My quick search shows that files ending in ‘@SynoEAStream’ are some kind of Synology NAS metadata files. You should exclude those from being scanned by adding ‘@SynoEAStream’ to your local/excluded_file_extensions setting. Or just live with the warnings as they are not really a problem (just annoying noise). This does not sound like the same issue described in the original post.

@kingosticks: thank you very much for your clear answer!

I thought that those files were MP3 files and that ‘@SynoEAStream’ was part of the error message, so therefore I thought it was somewhere related with this topic. Excuse me. I slightly modified my question, so that it is clear that it is another question then the original topic.

Good to know that these files are not important and that I can exclude them in the config.