Google music doesn't work - how to troubleshoot

I have added my google music account details and the device-id of my android smartphone in the settings. When I try to search anything from google music, it just shows “loading data from MusicBox. Please wait…”. I use the current Pi MusicBox 0.6.0 image on a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B. What possible ways of troubleshooting this error are there?

Thanks in Advance
Jakob

I must admit I have absolutely no idea what the current state of gmusic is in musicbox 0.6 since I don’t personally use it. We are still using a really old version which I think some people were complaining had issues. I will try and check it when I can but in the meantime you could have a look for any errors in /var/log/mopidy/mopidy.log.

1 Like

So you have deviceid=your android device id
in your mopidy.conf file?
Try commenting that out: I just had a similar problem and that seemed to fix it.
Google Music seemed to connect but when I tried to actually play anything I got errors:

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 437, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘mclients.googleapis.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /sj/v1.11/trackfeed?alt=json&updated-min=0&include-tracks=true (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f17e95bead0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,))
2016-05-01 11:44:43,620 DEBUG [11939:Thread-8] gmusicapi.Mobileclient1: ListPromotedTracks(args=[], kwargs={‘start_token’: None, u’max_results’: 20000, ‘updated_after’: None})
2016-05-01 11:44:43,621 INFO [11939:Thread-8] requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool: Starting new HTTPS connection (8): mclients.googleapis.com

etc.
Commenting out the deviceid entry made it work.