Does anyone have Mopidy-dLeyna running on a recent distro of Ubuntu?

Hi tl;dr Does anyone have Mopidy-dLeyna running on a recent distro of Ubuntu?

My experience is as follows. I have a small server running minidlna, let’s call it dlna-server.

I have another machine which is Ubuntu 22 with Mopidy + Iris. We can call it iris-client.

My plan was to install Mopidy-dLeyna on iris-client and be able to use Iris to play music from dlna-server.

When I installed Mopidy-dLeyna, I experienced a lot of errors, and Mopidy even crashed.

Then I noticed that dleyna-server (which Mopidy-dLeyna is based on and uses as a dependency) is a discontinued project (see GitHub - intel/dleyna-server: dleyna-server is a library for implementing services that allow clients to discover, browse and manipulate Digital Media Servers. An implementation of such a service for linux is also included.).

Does anyone have Mopidy-dLeyna running on a recent distro of Ubuntu? Or is it a lost cause?

Could you provide a log for Mopidy. There’s info for doing this at docs.mopidy.com

did you install upmpdcli on the ‘iris-client’ machine ?

I gave up on this approach. Instead I mounted a drive to the music files and installed plain MPD with CYP on there. I still use DLNA on all the other devices in the house. This particular machine is just headless so the need for a web client instead of a DLNA client lets me control the music on it.

if upmpdcli is installed and running on the mopidy machine and Mopidy-dLeyna Extension ist installed and enabled, any client should see a DLNA libray with all DLNA servers in your network. NETWORK is here another challenge. this works only, if all machines are running in the same subnet. My Twonky DLNA servers run in a container with own subnet, which makes access difficult - this is why I also changed my plans and mount the audio files into the Mopidy media dir.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.