"Browse > Folders > Single track" takes like minutes to start playing

OK! Next theory is that musicbox-webclient used to be a static page (i.e. just html/javascript served from a regular web server) but in v2.0.0 we introduced some python code and it became necessary to run it as a ‘web app’ instead.

So if you goto http://musicbox.local:6680/musicbox_webclient it should work.

We can fix this properly if you run the following (taken from the unofficial upgrading docs):

sed -i 's/static_dir \=.*/static_dir = \/opt\/webclient/g' /boot/config/settings.ini
rm /opt/webclient
mkdir /opt/webclient
echo -e "<html><head><meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0; URL=/musicbox_webclient/index.html\"></head><body>Web interface moved, <a href=\"/musicbox_webclient/index.html\">click here</a></body></html>" > /opt/webclient/index.html

Again, you might need to clear your browser cache. I’m really hopefully this is going to be it!

@kingosticks http://musicbox.local:6680/musicbox_webclient working yes, I’m able to go into menu.

But unfotunately problem from the begining is still there. If I plugin USB stick on running musicbox and if I have in one folder more than 20, 30 tracks take minutes to start playing selected one.

Oh wow, I didn’t see that coming. I’ll double check the changelog and make sure I got the right version… But I’m pretty sure I did.

If you enjoyed everything so far (!) then you could follow the rest of the unofficial upgrade guide and go all the way to the most recent version. I guess it’s possible this bug is still present there. I can try and test that later.

I’m so invested now, I really want to get this working.

So I just had a closer look at the git history of this stuff and it seems the browse functionality was changed (improved?) in musicbox-webclient v2.0.0 but it wasn’t really fixed until we moved to require Mopidy v1.0+ which provides some additional API features.

So you can either try to do a full system upgrade or wait for a new release of musicbox that fixes this. I am still aiming to release something before the end of 2016. Honest.

1 Like

@kingosticks OK. full system upgrade is not good ideal - at the end browser just return page error 404. I only check services and mopidy and webclient was running.

Now things working if I mount image of Musicbox v0.6, install update of mopidy webclient to 2.0.0 which means to get also Mopidy 2.0.1 and this one is not compatible with Musicbox v0.6, so then downgrade only Mopidy to 0.19.5 and after that do this Fix for python to redirect me on musicbox.local

At this point everything works nice, only playing track inside of more than 50 tracks on USB stick takes minutes to start playing if you pick it on Browse -> Local media -> Folders -> USB
If you chose inside selected folder on right “Add all tracks to queue” then after maybe one minute this tracks appear in Queue and playing immediately if you click on it.

What I was trying to say in my previous post is that it’s always going to be slow unless you use the latest version of the webclient and the latest version of Mopidy. And to run the latest versions you’d have to do the system update and then fix everything that gets broken along the way (the 404 and probably some other stuff).