ANNOUNCEMENT: Web Client Release: MFE

Mopidy-MFE is a web extension for mopidy, written in AngularJS.

Designed with the RaspberryPi and low-end client devices in mind, MFE features a fast, responsive design and utilizes client side caching to minimize server load.

github: https://github.com/LukeMcDonnell/mopidy-MFE

to install: sudo pip install Mopidy-MFE

This is an initial release, with further work to come in the following weeks. Any feedback and comment is appreciated.

Luke

Version 0.2.0 released today. Lots of bug fixes and enhancements.

Change log:
-Added “My Music” section
-Recently Played items in “My Music”
-Fixed many layout and design errors
-Now Playing/Artists/Albums pages all show dynamic backgrounds based on content.
-Added context menus to provide further queueing options
-Various bug fixes/optimizations

Upgrade by running:
sudo pip install Mopidy-MFE --upgrade

PiMusicBox users be aware, MFE requires mopidy >=v1.0.0 and this command will upgrade your current installation.

“PiMusicBox users be aware, MFE requires mopidy >=v1.0.0 and this command will upgrade your current installation.”

Would this have messed up Musicbox? I installed MFE, it didn’t work, but everything seemed ok with Musicbox.
After rebooting Pi due to a powercut I can’t get any playlists to appear in the Musicbox web page and can’t play anything using the ir remote either.
I can use ssh and get to the settings pages using the web page.
Any help appreciated, can I just downgrade mopidy again?

Hi Steve,
I actually removed the Mopidy dependency from the pip package in the 0.2.2 release a few days ago. Assuming you upgraded since that release, MFE shouldn’t have any adverse effect on systems running Mopidy versions prior to v1.0.0.

If you did upgrade before the 0.2.2 release and the pip installer did upgrade your Mopidy installation, I’m not entirely sure if you can safely revert to a previous version without breaking piMusicBox. Perhaps kingofsticks could help you with that one?

If you’re unsure which version of pip installed software you’re running, try typing “sudo pip freeze” and paste the results here, and we’ll see what we can do.
Luke

Thanks for the offer to sort out the musicbox - results from sudo pip freeze below
Jinja2==2.7.3
MarkupSafe==0.23
Mopidy==1.1.1
Mopidy-ALSAMixer==1.0.3
Mopidy-API-Explorer==1.0.1
Mopidy-AudioAddict==0.2.7
Mopidy-Dirble==0.1.1
Mopidy-GMusic==0.3.0
Mopidy-HTTP-Kuechenradio==0.4.2
Mopidy-InternetArchive==1.1.0
Mopidy-Local-SQLite==0.8.1
Mopidy-Local-Whoosh==0.1.0
Mopidy-MFE==0.1.2
Mopidy-Moped==0.4.2
Mopidy-Mopify==1.1.2
Mopidy-MusicBox-Webclient==1.0.3
Mopidy-Podcast==1.1.0
Mopidy-Podcast-gpodder.net==1.0.0
Mopidy-Podcast-iTunes==1.0.0
Mopidy-Scrobbler==1.1.0
Mopidy-Simple-Webclient==0.1
Mopidy-SomaFM==0.7.1
Mopidy-SoundCloud==1.2.5
Mopidy-Spotify==1.2.0
Mopidy-Spotify-Tunigo==0.2.1
Mopidy-Subsonic==0.3.1
Mopidy-TuneIn==0.1.2
Mopidy-WebSettings==0.1.2
Mopidy-Youtube==1.0.1
Pafy==0.3.66
Pykka==1.2.0
RPi.GPIO==0.5.8
Whoosh==2.6.0
appdirs==1.4.0
argparse==1.2.1
backports.ssl-match-hostname==3.4.0.2
cachetools==1.0.0
certifi==14.5.14
configobj==5.0.6
decorator==3.4.0
distribute==0.7.3
gmusicapi==4.1.0.dev0
httplib2==0.9
ipaddress==1.0.7
mock==1.0.1
mutagen==1.24
oauth2client==1.2
proboscis==1.2.6.0
protobuf==2.6.0
py-sonic==0.3.2
pyalsaaudio==0.7
pycountry==1.10
pygobject==3.8.2
pylast==0.5.11
pyspotify==1.11
python-dateutil==2.2
python-gflags==2.0
pytz==2014.4
requests==2.5.1
six==1.8.0
smbus==1.1
tornado==4.0.2
tunigo==0.1.3
uritools==0.11.0
urwid==1.2.1
validictory==0.9.3
wicd==1.7.2.4
wsgiref==0.1.2

Explained here Mopidy crashes!

One day I’ll learn not to fiddle. In the meantime, yet again, I thank you kingosticks & Jodal. In my partial defense I did try a search to find an answer but couldn’t find it.

No worries, it’s easier when you know where to look.

Nice. Am I missing the volume control or has this feature not been added yet?

Wow. I actually didn’t even think of the volume controls. I personally only adjust the volume on my amp, but I can see why it would be a desirable feature for most. I’ll see what I can do about getting it into the next release which should be out by the end of the year.

0.3.0 Released today. Comes with refinements to the favourites screen and context menus as well as many bug fixes and enhancements.

Upgrade by running:

Unfortunately, jcass77, I didn’t get volume control added in yet. But the good news is the next planned release will feature a complete overhaul of the “Now Playing” screen. Making it more friendly to larger or landscape oriented screens and adding in the various play controls that are currently missing (eg, volume, seek bars, random/consume buttons, etc.)

In the meantime, here are some more screenshots
http://imgur.com/2Ikn47H

http://imgur.com/4SGNeLj

http://imgur.com/WdihbDY

Another update today. This time I’ve updated the way search results are displayed. The major change here is for users utilizing the Local backend. I had become frustrated with local backends only returning tracks in the search results, so hacked together a client side solution to extract the artist and album details from local results and group them with the results from other backends. This seems to work pretty well, the only downfall being that occasionally you’re going to get junk album or artist results when some random song matches your search term. Let me know how it goes.

Install by running:
sudo pip install Mopidy-MFE

Upgrade by running: