ANNOUNCEMENT: Pi Musicbox v0.7.0RC4

I’m a relative newbie to the PiMusicbox, having been happily running 0.6 on two RPi2Bs for about a year. Recent trouble with the Spotify search feature prompted me to give the 0.7.0rc4 a try, but it seems to be having some real fundamental problems with my Pis. The web interface becomes unreachable after a few minutes of use, I can’t seem to ssh to them even though I’ve enabled that feature in the configuration, and startup takes an inordinately long time.

I don’t know how to begin troubleshooting or collecting useful log info for you to help, but I’d love to contribute any way I can if it would be useful. How can I help correct what seem to be pretty major problems with this release candidate?

The Zero is slow. Or at least slow enough to be a bit annoying sometimes. But 10 seconds sounds way too slow. I’d consider that unusable. Can you give me of an exact example of something you are doing so I can reproduce it,

The sound card detection code is exactly the same regardless of of what pi you are using. It should behave exactly the same between a Pi 3 and Pi Zero W. During boot it will print out various messages showing what audio outputs were detected and chosen. You’ll find that log in /var/log/musicbox_startup.log.

Running those update commands is unlikely to help you. The files in v0.7.0RC4 were the latest when released 4 weeks ago. That post is from 2012.

finally i got my pi zero w working. The error message i did a photo of (“insufficient periodic bandwith…”)comes from not using an usb-hub. after connecting a usb-hub to the zero w everything works fine! even the webinterface is responding faster. but i’m not sure what caused this.
But i have a new problem: The Spotify Starred-Playlist isn’t working anymore. When i click on it there aren’t listed any tracks…