Adding default Radio Streams

Hi,

Has the ability to see the addresses of currently playing Radio Streams (Tune-In) been removed in the 0.5.1 version? I wanted to add some entries to the defaults list on the Streams page, but can’t see the stream addresses. Have I missed something?

David.

It seems this was removed from the latest musicbox-webclient when the whole radio system became a more generic stream system. Maybe @woutervanwijk has some plans to bring it back? Perhaps the track’s URI could be added to the now playing page?

In the meantime, as a dirty hack, you can discover the current URI by running curl -d '{ "method": "core.playback.get_current_tl_track", "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1 }' http://musicbox:6680/mopidy/rpc

Oh cool, the curl script is fine for me. But I agree that the Now Playing page would be an ideal place to indicate the track ID for radio streams.

Thanks,
Dave.

Could not get it working at all:

C:\Users\Administrator>curl -d '{ "method": "core.playback.get_current_tl_track"
, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1 }' http://10.0.3.20:6680/mopidy/rpc
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: method
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: core.playback.get_current_tl_track,
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: jsonrpc
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: 2.0,
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: id
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: 1
curl: (3) [globbing] unmatched close brace/bracket in column 1
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": null, "error": {"message": "Parse error", "code": -32700}}

But it does NOT matter, as the webinterface has it now build in
There is so much old unnecessary info around!

Perhaps you have to translate that to something Windows cmd understands, no idea.

However, the currently playing uri is now available again from the Web page in v0.7. It’s in the context menu for each track (3 dot icon to the right of each entry in track lists). Or just use the dedicated button on the streams page.

Edit: specified musicbox version

I have to hope that people notice when the OP helpfully specifies what software version the question relates to. Here it was 0.5!

Failing that, read the date of the post and avoid resurrecting really really old threads as that’s always confusing and likely to be outdated information. This is a good strategy for all internet forums.

1 Like