Add NAS share as a source

Is it possible to add a share from NAS to Mopidy web clients as a source to browse, search and play music from?

I’m currently using the Muse web client with Mopidy.

Thanks

You can mount the share as you normally would to some path on your system and configure Mopidy-Local’s media_dir to point to that path. Or, use Mopidy-dLeyna. Both ways will present the files to browse under any decent web client.

Thanks @kingosticks. I got it to mount and scan. I had to look around a bit to find the right code to use to mount the share.

Is it possible to browse through the network files in the same directory structure that I have on my NAS?

In my case, It would be much easier to browse through “Folders” than Artists, Albums, Geners…etc

Yes, configure Mopidy-File to point to the mounted directory.

Thanks @kingosticks. That worked.

I’m not sure if it’s something to do with each specific web client, but there were cases where I could not play from entire folders. I tried it with Muse, Iris and MusicBox. Is there something I can do to fix that or do I need to address these issue with the developers of the web clients?

Thanks again

With the webclients themselves.

I think selecting a track in musicbox-webclient will add everything in the folder to the queue. Perhaps that mechanism doesn’t include browsed folders. To be honest I mostly use Mopidy-Local so not sure. Feel free to create an issue. More points if you implement it also!

Ok. I’m really hopping to get it to work for Muse or Iris, so I’ll try to get a solution for those web clients. I’ll let you know if I make any progress.

Thanks!