Mopidy service versus Mopidy command

Hello

I cant get the mopidy service working. When just running the mopidy command, i can see the link towards IRIS on 192.168.0.108:6680.

When using the service, i cant see it.

Is there some documentation where i can solve this issue?

service status:
pi@raspberrypi:/etc/mopidy $ sudo service mopidy status
● mopidy.service - Mopidy music server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mopidy.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

Jan 02 14:36:52 raspberrypi mopidy[3156]: INFO [MainThread] mopidy.commands Starting GLib mainloop
Jan 02 14:37:20 raspberrypi mopidy[3156]: INFO [MainThread] mopidy.commands GLib mainloop got SIGTER
Jan 02 14:37:20 raspberrypi mopidy[3156]: INFO [MainThread] mopidy.commands Stopping Mopidy frontend
Jan 02 14:37:20 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopping Mopidy music server…
Jan 02 14:37:20 raspberrypi mopidy[3156]: INFO [MainThread] mopidy.commands Stopping Mopidy core
Jan 02 14:37:20 raspberrypi mopidy[3156]: INFO [MainThread] mopidy.commands Stopping Mopidy backends
Jan 02 14:37:20 raspberrypi mopidy[3156]: INFO [MainThread] mopidy.commands Stopping Mopidy audio
Jan 02 14:37:20 raspberrypi mopidy[3156]: INFO [MainThread] mopidy.commands Stopping Mopidy mixer
Jan 02 14:37:21 raspberrypi systemd[1]: mopidy.service: Succeeded.
Jan 02 14:37:21 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopped Mopidy music server.

Mopidy command

Kurt

Using the service has a section in our normal documentation. What you pasted shows your service is ‘inactive’, you need to start it. See http://docs.mopidy.com/en/latest/running/service/#service-management-with-systemd

You don’t say what version of Mopidy you are running but note that Iris is not yet compatible with Mopidy v3.x.

hello

i am running mopidy on a rpi4.
see the two attached pictures, one when running the modipy of the commandline
the other one when started via service

the previous screenshot was taken when i put the command into the rc.local.

it seems that it only works via the commandline

the other picture is send in an other post

Kurt

Your ‘commandline’ picture shows you are running Mopidy 2.x in this case, it you read the output you will see that. Mopidy Iris is compatible with Mopidy 2.x.

Your service picture still doesn’t explicitly tell me what version you are running. If you run sudo mopidyctl deps it will output the versions and it will also output what extensions it found. However, I can see it’s running /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/mopidy so from that we can deduce it’s Mopidy 3.x and: