Mopidy on RPi 4B as music player and streamer

Hello! Thanks for all the efforts to make and maintain mopidy and it’s extensions!! I have Mopidy + Local + YouTube + YT + Iris running on RPi 4B/4GB. The OS is latest 64-bit with GUI released in Jan. 2022. I do not have software programming skills and have mostly followed read, understand, copy, paste method to be where I am. I followed suggestions, elsewhere, to set Local directory point to my USB drive. Iris shows its contents! I have made Bluetooth discoverable, set timeout = 0x00000000. It is discoverable by default and I am able to pair it using confirmation. YouTube playlists are populated and I can pin it in Iris. I need help with the following: 1. How can I make Bluetooth device pair without confirmation? Even pairing with a prefixed key will do the job. 2. Is there a way to add USB and SD card locations to media_dir? 3. When I pin YouTube playlists from SEARCH, it does get pinned to list on the left menu but is invisible. Clicking the empty space carefully does populate the playlist. How can I make it visible and be able to rename it? 4. yt:playlist:playlist ID populates only first 20 songs. How can I increase this? What is the limit? Multiple playlists, of not more than 20 songs, is a workaround that is working. Solutions to the above will only make my experience better. Thanks in advance for all your help. Do let me know if you need any further info or logs to help me.

Please split your questions up with a clearer title for each set of related questions. Does a question about pairing Bluetooth belong here? Ask that question on the Raspberry Pi forum. Some of these sound like Iris-specific questions, make those clear. Similar with those YouTube questions.

I can answer question 2. Since Local media_dir may only have one location you set it to a folder that contains symbolic links to the other two (or more) folders. For example:

mkdir /all_my_music
ln -s /media/my_usb_drive /all_my_music/usb
ln -s /media/my_sd_card /all_my_music/sd

Then set media_dir = /all_my_music in your Mopidy config.

Thank you for your early reply.
As suggested, opened separate topics for questions related to Iris and YouTube.

Kindly bere with my ignorance as I have no idea what I am doing.
I typed the following:

sudo mkdir /all_my_music
sudo ln -s /media/USB_MUSIC /all_my_music/usb
sudo ln -s /home/pi/Music /all_my_music/SD

Music on my USB drive is at: /media/USB_MUSIC
Music on SD card is at: /home/pi/Music

Then set the following in /etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf

[local]
media_dir = /all_my_music

Then
sudo systemctl restart mopidy
sudo mopidy local scan

The log for local scan is as below:

Running “/usr/bin/mopidy --config /usr/share/mopidy/conf.d:/etc/mopidy/mopidy.co nf local scan” as user mopidy
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.main Starting Mopidy 3.2.0
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.config Loading config from builtin defaults
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.config Loading config from file:///usr/share/mopidy /conf.d/mopidy.conf
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.config Loading config from file:///etc/mopidy/mopid y.conf
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.config Loading config from command line options
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.main Enabled extensions: ytmusic, local, youtub e, iris, file, m3u, http, stream, softwaremixer
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.main Disabled extensions: none
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Finding files in file:///all_my_musi c …
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Found 0 files in file:///all_my_musi c
WARNING [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Encountered 2 errors while finding f iles in file:///all_my_music
WARNING [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Error for file:///all_my_music/sd: ( ‘Not following symlinks.’, None)
WARNING [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Error for file:///all_my_music/usb: (‘Not following symlinks.’, None)
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Checking 0 tracks from library
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Removing 0 missing tracks
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Found 0 tracks which need to be upda ted
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Scanning…
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Scanned 0 of 0 files in 0.000s.
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Done scanning
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.storage Cleaning up image directory

I am not sure how to get rid of the warnings or if what I did is absurd. Kindly guide me. Thanks!

What you did looks sensible. I omitted the other local setting you’ll have to set:

scan_follow_symlinks = true

But the way, this does assume that the mopidy user has permission to read all the field and folders you want.

When I edited the file /etc/fstab and added the following line, sound tracks on USB drive were listed in Iris.
UUID=XXXX-XXXX /media/usb vfat auto,nofail,umask=000,noatime,users,rw,uid=pi,gid=pi 0 0

Then, the setting in the mopidy.conf file was:
[local]
media_dir = /media/usb

After symlinks were created/added,
the settings were changed to the following as suggested:
[local]
media_dir = /all_my_music
scan_follow_symlinks = true

Running “/usr/bin/mopidy --config /usr/share/mopidy/conf.d:/etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf local scan” as user mopidy
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.main Starting Mopidy 3.2.0
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.config Loading config from builtin defaults
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.config Loading config from file:///usr/share/mopidy/conf.d/mopidy.conf
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.config Loading config from file:///etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.config Loading config from command line options
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.main Enabled extensions: stream, softwaremixer, iris, local, m3u, file, http
INFO [MainThread] mopidy.main Disabled extensions: none
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Finding files in file:///all_my_music …
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Found 0 files in file:///all_my_music
WARNING [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Encountered 1 errors while finding files in file:///all_my_music
WARNING [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Error for file:///all_my_music/usb: (‘No such file or directory’, 2)
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Checking 4 tracks from library
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Removing 4 missing tracks
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Found 0 tracks which need to be updated
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Scanning…
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Scanned 0 of 0 files in 0.000s.
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.commands Done scanning
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.storage Cleaning up image directory
INFO [MainThread] mopidy_local.storage Deleting file file:///var/lib/mopidy/local/images/13d97180b3af3d25010b484c205a889b-500x500.jpeg

The files on SD card are listed but those which were on USB drive were not. Need help here.

b.t.w. I have not explicitly set mopidy user permission to read all the files and folders I want. Is is necessary? How do I do that?
Thanks!