Mopidy MPD doesn't return Cover Art URI

Hi, I have just completed an installation of mopidy from scratch on a buster PI. I added mopidy-mpd and mopidy-local as both appear to be needed to get a working solution. Running Mopidy as a service, and after scanning the files with local scan, I can see that the images have been created in /var/lib/mopidy/local/images and the URIs are in the database library.db for the albums.
But, when I request track data via the MPD interface, the X-AlbumImage field is not being returned. This was i presume previously provided through the local-images extension, but this is now deprecated in favour of mopidy-local.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to enable the album image information to be returned for tracks via the mpd interface. thanks

Deps:

Running “/usr/bin/mopidy --config /usr/share/mopidy/conf.d:/etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf deps” as user mopidy
Executable: /usr/bin/mopidy
Platform: Linux-5.10.60-v7±armv7l-with-debian-10.10
Python: CPython 3.7.3 from /usr/lib/python3.7
Mopidy: 3.2.0 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
Mopidy-ALSAMixer: 2.0.1 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
Mopidy-MPD: 3.1.0 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
Mopidy-Local: 3.2.1 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
GStreamer: 1.14.4.0 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi
Detailed information:
Python wrapper: python-gi 3.30.4
Relevant elements:
Found:
uridecodebin
souphttpsrc
appsrc
alsasink
osssink
oss4sink
pulsesink
id3demux
id3v2mux
lamemp3enc
mpegaudioparse
mpg123audiodec
vorbisdec
vorbisenc
vorbisparse
oggdemux
oggmux
oggparse
flacdec
flacparse
shout2send
Not found:
flump3dec
mad

config:

For information about configuration values that can be set in this file see:

Configuration — Mopidy 3.2.0 documentation

Run sudo mopidyctl config to see the current effective config, based on

both defaults and this configuration file.

[mpd]
hostname = ::

[http]
hostname = ::

[audio]
output = alsasink
mixer = alsamixer

[alsamixer]
control = Digital
min_volume = 0
max_volume = 100
volume_scale = cubic

[file]
media_dirs = /home/pi/Music

[local]
media_dir = /home/pi/Music
library = images
excluded_file_extensions =
.cue
.directory
.html
.jpeg
.jpg
.log
.nfo
.pdf
.png
.txt
.zip
.db
.ini

[logging]
color = true
console_format = %(levelname)-8s %(message)s
debug_format = %(levelname)-8s %(asctime)s [%(process)d:%(threadName)s] %(name)s\n %(message)s
debug_file = /var/log/mopidy/mopidy-debug.log
config_file = /etc/mopidy/logging.conf

That feature hasn’t been implemented yet. I gave it a go last year, but don’t really know Python well enough.

Hi to an extent answering my own request in case anyone else needs this - the original x-albumimages field was an addition to the standard MPD tags returned from Mopidy. This hasn’t been carried over to the new version however all the work has been done in local to extract and store the images in the DB. I am looking at how to add this back as a patch however at the moment it covers a lot of modules.

Which extension are you talking about? Mopidy-mpd or Mopidy-local? Or both? It looks like like Mopidy-local already supports images. MPD is the one that doesn’t support images.

It’d be better for Mopidy-MPD to implement MPD’s albumart and readpicture commands instead of reviving x-albumimages. Support MPD albumart and readpicture command · Issue #17 · mopidy/mopidy-mpd · GitHub

hi

making a small amount of changes to the code in mopidy, -local and -MPD meant i re-enabled x-albumimages. i understand this is deprecated however the alternative solution, would require a possibly quite complex change to the code and my MPD clients. If and when albumart and readpicture is enabled i will look at how to incorporate it into the code. thanks for the responses.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.