[file]
enabled = true
media_dirs = /home/arnauld/Desktop/musique
$XDG_MUSIC_DIR|Music
~/|Home
show_dotfiles = false
follow_symlinks = false
metadata_timeout = 1000

It used to work, but today it doesn’t work anymore. I can’t navigate and add files from the music directory specified above.

I also get errors when launching mopidy :

WARNING /home/arnauld/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf has errors, line 89, 90, 116 has been ignored.

Lines 89 & 90 are :

$XDG_MUSIC_DIR|Music
~/|Home

Line 116 is :

spotify_tunigo/enabled

Thank you for any help,

screenshot and my full mopidy conf :

http://hpics.li/59ab312
http://www.cjoint.com/c/FHyivvDAvQu

Arnauld

Hi Arnauld,

media_dirs is a List config setting and when using newline characters as item separators you must be sure to indent each line to indicate it’s part of the same config setting. For example, it should be:

[file]
  $XDG_MUSIC_DIR|Music
  ~/|Home

Rather than:

[file]
$XDG_MUSIC_DIR|Music
~/|Home

You’ll notice this in all the examples in the docs and the other list config settings you have in your mopidy.conf. However, it’s not specified anywhere in the Mopidy documentation so although this issue doesn’t seem to come up much (ever?) maybe we could be clearer?

Alternatively you could instead use comma separated items, for example:

[file]
media_dirs = /home/arnauld/Desktop/musique, $XDG_MUSIC_DIR|Music, ~/|Home

spotify_tunigo/enabled is not valid syntax, it’s used throughout the Mopidy docs as a shorthand way to specify the enabled setting for the spotify_tunigo section i.e. the following:

[spotify_tunigo]
enabled = true

You don’t even need this line in your mopidy.conf since extensions are usually enabled by default. The documentation actually recommends you omit config settings where you want the default value:

If you want to keep the default for a config value, you should not add it to the config file, but leave it out so that when we change the default value in a future version, you won’t have to change your configuration accordingly.

2 Likes

Hello,

thank you kingosticks for these detailed explanations.

Arnauld