Issue finding setuptools while starting some extensions

When I try to start mopidy I get the following errors:

INFO     Disabled extension material-webclient: Dependency The 'setuptools' distribution was not found and is required by wifi not found
INFO     Disabled extension alarmclock: Dependency The 'setuptools' distribution was not found and is required by the application not found
INFO     Disabled extension gmusic: Dependency The 'setuptools' distribution was not found and is required by the application not found
INFO     Enabled extensions: mpd, http, stream, m3u, softwaremixer, file, local
INFO     Disabled extensions: material-webclient, gmusic, alarmclock

However, the setuptools package is already installed:

$ sudo -H pip install setuptools
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in ./.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Requirement already satisfied: packaging>=16.8 in ./.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from setuptools)
Requirement already satisfied: appdirs>=1.4.0 in ./.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from setuptools)
Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.6.0 in ./.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from setuptools)
Requirement already satisfied: pyparsing in ./.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from packaging>=16.8->setuptools)

What could be the problem here?

Nevermind, I installed python-setuptools from repos instead of pip and the problem went away.