Iris and mopidy 3

I am running mopidy 2.3.1 and Iris on raspbian buster. It support python 3.7.4 but I suppose I can’t update to mopidy v.3 as long as Iris doesn’t switch to python 3.
Should I “pin” all mopidy and plugin packages to keep them at current version?

ii  libspotify12                         12.1.103-0mopidy1                   armhf        Library for using the Spotify music streaming service
ii  mopidy                               2.3.1-1                             all          music server with support for MPD/HTTP clients
ii  mopidy-alsamixer                     1.1.1-1                             all          Mopidy extension for extension for ALSA volume control
ii  mopidy-internetarchive               2.0.3-1                             all          Mopidy extension for playing music from the Internet Archive
ii  mopidy-local-sqlite                  1.0.0-2                             all          Mopidy extension for keeping your local library in SQLite
ii  mopidy-podcast                       2.0.3-1                             all          Mopidy extension for searching and browsing podcasts
ii  mopidy-podcast-itunes                2.0.0-3                             all          Mopidy extension for searching and browsing iTunes podcasts
ii  mopidy-scrobbler                     1.2.1-1                             all          Mopidy extension for scrobbling music to Last.fm
ii  mopidy-soundcloud                    2.1.0-1                             all          Mopidy extension for playing music from SoundCloud
ii  mopidy-spotify                       3.1.0-0mopidy1                      all          Mopidy extension for playing music from Spotify
ii  mopidy-spotify-tunigo                1.0.0-0mopidy1                      all          Mopidy extension for providing the browse feature of Spotify
ii  mopidy-tunein                        0.4.1-2                             all          Mopidy extension for playing music from TuneIn
ii  python-spotify                       2.0.5-0mopidy1                      armhf        Python bindings for libspotify (Python 2)

I think that a simple sudo apt-mark hold mopidy should be enough, as all the other packages depend on mopidy >= 3 and cannot be upgraded unless mopidy is upgraded too.

1 Like

Thanks jodal.
I applied that hold and it seems the right one. Just a question, the system still asks me to update python-spotify. Is it safe to go on?

Yes, that can safely be upgraded. It’ll still work with Mopidy 2 and Mopidy-Spotify 3.

This is a good question for the faq (surprised this is the first occurance).