Webradio playback stopping after some hours

Soo… I’m using Mopidy in the following environment:

• KDE Neon on NUC, connected via WiFi
  • RompR as frontend, then Mopidy and Pulseaudio

After a reboot I can play webradio for several hours without issue, then suddenly it stops.
/var/log/mopidy/mopidy.log says:
2020-01-12 12:58:13,512 INFO [830:MpdSession-365] mopidy.mpd.session: New MPD connection from [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:6600
2020-01-12 12:58:14,578 INFO [830:MpdSession-366] mopidy.mpd.session: New MPD connection from [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:6600
2020-01-12 12:58:17,613 INFO [830:MpdSession-367] mopidy.mpd.session: New MPD connection from [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:6600
2020-01-12 23:13:05,311 ERROR [830:MainThread] mopidy.audio.gst: GStreamer error: gst-resource-error-quark: A network error occurred, or the server closed the connection unexpectedly. (9)

Any idea where I should start debugging?

Cheers
Oli

The error strongly suggests it’s a network problem. I’d suggest starting by elimiating Wifi from the equation. And also trying other radio streams.

You could also try using something like https://github.com/pimusicbox/mpd-watchdog

Please also take a minute to read https://docs.mopidy.com/en/latest/troubleshooting/.

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll try it with a LAN cable. Different streams I’ve already tried, same result. I’ll have a look at mpd-watchdog too. And the troubleshooting guide.

It May be a network problem, but mopidy should handle it and try to restart the stream playback. I am also having this error and i need to stóp and then start manually playback.

How to use mpd-watchdog on a Raspberry with mopidy and Iris?

Update: For whatever reason the issue just disappeared. My current radio stream has been running for days without any problem. Weird.

Having the same problem here. Despite Ethernet connection GStreamer occassionally stops:

mopidy[1508]: ERROR [MainThread] mopidy.audio.gst GStreamer error: A network error occurred, or the server closed the connection unexpectedly.

I totally agree. Why doesn’t Mopidy by itself restart the stream?