Web extensions do not work on Pi

Hi All,

I have issue related with setting up web extension for my mopidy server on raspberry PI3. (Debian)

I was able to install and run mopidy server, but problems accured when I tried to install web extension.

I have installed several web extensions using pip (Mopidy-Moped, mopidy-mopify…) but none of them appears in webbrowser.

Any suggestions?

BR Marcin

Whats strange I have found that mopidy ignores configuration of web extenions:

Ignoring unknown config section: mopify
Ignoring unknown config section: musicbox_webclient

I am using Mopidy 2.0

Did you install Mopidy from APT? Please provide the output of mopidy config, mopidy deps and have a look at https://docs.mopidy.com/en/latest/troubleshooting/

Hi,

I have installed mopidy from apt-get. I am not able to run mopidy config and mopidy deps since I get:

Mopidy requires Python 2.7, but found 3.4.2.

Its streange because I have installed both python2 and python3.

I have also set:

/usr/bin/python -> python2.7

Ok. I dont know why, but error with wrong Python version was caused because I had mopidy process running.

After killing it, I was able to run commands.

> [core]
> cache_dir = $XDG_CACHE_DIR/mopidy
> config_dir = $XDG_CONFIG_DIR/mopidy
> data_dir = $XDG_DATA_DIR/mopidy
> max_tracklist_length = 10000

> [logging]
> color = true
> console_format = %(levelname)-8s %(message)s
> debug_format = %(levelname)-8s %(asctime)s [%(process)d:%(threadName)s] %(name)s\n  %(message)s
> debug_file = mopidy.log
> config_file =

> [audio]
> mixer = software
> mixer_volume =
> output = alsasink
> buffer_time =

> [proxy]
> scheme =
> hostname =
> port =
> username =
> password =

> [mpd]
> enabled = true
> hostname = 127.0.0.1
> port = 6600
> password =
> max_connections = 20
> connection_timeout = 60
> zeroconf = Mopidy MPD server on $hostname
> command_blacklist =
>   listall
>   listallinfo
> default_playlist_scheme = m3u

> [http]
> enabled = true
> hostname = 127.0.0.1
> port = 6680
> static_dir =
> zeroconf = Mopidy HTTP server on $hostname

> [stream]
> enabled = true
> protocols =
>   http
>   https
>   mms
>   rtmp
>   rtmps
>   rtsp
> metadata_blacklist =
> timeout = 5000

> [m3u]
> enabled = true
> base_dir = $XDG_MUSIC_DIR
> default_encoding = latin-1
> default_extension = .m3u8
> playlists_dir =

> [softwaremixer]
> enabled = true

> [file]
> enabled = true
> media_dirs =
>   $XDG_MUSIC_DIR|Music
>   ~/|Home
> show_dotfiles = false
> follow_symlinks = false
> metadata_timeout = 1000

> [local]
> enabled = true
> library = json
> media_dir = $XDG_MUSIC_DIR
> scan_timeout = 1000
> scan_flush_threshold = 100
> scan_follow_symlinks = false
> excluded_file_extensions =
>   .directory
>   .html
>   .jpeg
>   .jpg
>   .log
>   .nfo
>   .png
>   .txt

> [spotify]
> enabled = true
> username = xxxxxxx
> password = ********
> bitrate = 160
> volume_normalization = true
> private_session = false
> timeout = 10
> allow_cache = true
> allow_network = true
> allow_playlists = true
> search_album_count = 20
> search_artist_count = 10
> search_track_count = 50
> toplist_countries =

And deps:

Executable: /usr/bin/mopidy
Platform: Linux-4.1.19-v7+-armv7l-with-debian-8.0
Python: CPython 2.7.9 from /usr/lib/python2.7
Mopidy: 2.0.0 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
  Pykka>=1.1: 1.2.1 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
  requests>=2.0: 2.4.3 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
  tornado>=2.3: 3.2.2 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Mopidy-Spotify: 3.0.0 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
  Mopidy>=2.0: 2.0.0 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
    Pykka>=1.1: 1.2.1 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
    requests>=2.0: 2.4.3 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
    tornado>=2.3: 3.2.2 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
  Pykka>=1.1: 1.2.1 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
  pyspotify>=2.0.5: 2.0.5 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
    cffi>=1.0.0: 1.1.2 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
      pycparser: 2.10 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
  requests>=2.0: 2.4.3 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
GStreamer: 1.4.4.0 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi
  Detailed information:
    Python wrapper: python-gi 3.14.0
    Relevant elements:
      Found:
        uridecodebin
        souphttpsrc
        appsrc
        alsasink
        osssink
        oss4sink
        pulsesink
        id3demux
        id3v2mux
        lamemp3enc
        mad
        mpegaudioparse
        mpg123audiodec
        vorbisdec
        vorbisenc
        vorbisparse
        oggdemux
        oggmux
        oggparse
        flacdec
        flacparse
        shout2send
      Not found:
        flump3dec

Ok. I have finally found soluion :slight_smile:

I was installing all web extension using “pip” which, by default, was pointing to pip3…

After performing installation using “pip2” everything started to work.