Scrobbler error in logs

Hi,
each time I boot (and each time I run a manual rescan) I see this message:

ERROR Extension scrobbler failed during setup, this might have left the registry in a bad state.
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy_scrobbler/init.py”, line 28, in setup
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy_scrobbler/frontend.py”, line 10, in

How can I fix it? I have correctly set up Last.fm entry.

Crud. I think I picked up the latest version of pylast in RC7 which only supports python3. I would suggest downgrading pylast to <3.0.0. Sorry about that.

If you run mopidy deps it should confirm this.

To which version? With pip install --upgrade pylast-xxx ?

Actually, I am not sure it is this. Please post your deps output.

In fact, I think it’s almost the opposite problem. The version of mopidy-scrobbler is too old for the latest (python2) version of pylast.

pip install --upgrade mopidy-scrobbler

I don’t know why I keep guess like this. mopidy deps will have the actual answer.

I have upgraded and this is the related output of mopidy deps:

`pylast>=1.6.0: 2.0.0 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages`

But still, running a manual scan:

mopidy local scan
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy/ext.py:201: PkgResourcesDeprecationWarning: Parameters to load are deprecated.  Call .resolve and .require separately.
  extension_class = entry_point.load(require=False)
INFO     Starting Mopidy 1.1.2
INFO     Loading config from builtin defaults
INFO     Loading config from /root/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf
INFO     Loading config from command line options
ERROR    Extension scrobbler failed during setup, this might have left the registry in a bad state.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy/__main__.py", line 145, in main
    extension.setup(registry)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy_scrobbler/__init__.py", line 28, in setup
    from .frontend import ScrobblerFrontend
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mopidy_scrobbler/frontend.py", line 10, in <module>
    import pylast
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pylast/__init__.py", line 111, in <module>
    SSL_CONTEXT = ssl.create_default_context()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_default_context'

Please don’t truncate the output, post everything unless you already know what is wrong. The full python traceback would have been quite useful in the first post.

Is this Pi Musicbox RC7?

I have downloaded the img last week from your website. How to check the version?

Tomorrow I will provide full output of deps.

Yes, I confirm it is RC7 version.

As the deps output is very long, I have put it into a pastebin here: https://pastebin.com/amETzgeU

Any follow-up in this issue? It is crashing local scan. I am going to disable last.fm and check again.

The version of python available in RC7 is too old to work with pylast. pylast is relatively aggressive in what they support. This is not a simple fix and I don’t want to spend my time on it. I can only suggest you disable the scrobbler extension entirely.

Disabled. Now the scan is free of errors.

• Sent from my mobile phone. Sorry for typos -

And to be clear, it’s not that I am happy with things that are broken, it’s just that spending lots of my time supporting the old codebase means zero time and energy for the new one - as the last few years have made very clear. And this makes me considerably more unhappy.

1 Like

we are all very grateful to you for your hard work. Don’t be too unhappy!

1 Like