Podcasts take very long to load


In the past months I’ve been spending quite some time on building a phoniebox/RPi-Jukebox-RFID whose software uses mopidy.

After some back and forth everything seems to run smoothly now except for one thing:
Podcasts take very long to load. Depending on the size of their xml-file between 30 seconds and 15 minutes (definitely too long for a little kid).
I have tried numerous podcasts and experienced the problem with every single one.

The error messages I find in the log files usually look like this.

The issue was already discussed (link below - I can only post two links) but we can’t seem to find a solution.
So now I’m hoping that someone here might have an idea how to fix this.


Here you can find the first thread.