Mopidy Music Visualization

I’m using mopidy and am trying to build an appealing music visualization to display on my home entertainment system when listening to music.
Has anyone had any luck getting glava to work with mopidy

I can get it to run with mopidy but the update speed is pretty slow. Im using the following output function
output = tee name=t ! queue ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! autoaudiosink t. ! queue ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=2,format=S16LE,quality=10 ! audioconvert ! wavenc ! filesink location=/tmp/mpd.fifo

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don’t have any suggestion but I am very interested in your progress… That said I am running Mopidy on a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, so resources are limited on my side!

Thanks to keep us informed!

I do have something working

If interested I can post what I did here when I get home. Was not sure if anyone was interested.

There were fancier visualizations but my RPI 400 could not keep up when displaying on a 4K tv.
I am thinking about picking up a Dell Optiplex ($100 on ebay) to server as my mopidy player and music server.

2 Likes

Can you move the tee after the audio convert and resampler so you only do it once? The wavencoder might be redundant depending on what’s reading the FIFO (but that probably has minimal perf impact).

And don’t their docs recommend a much lower sample rate? Did you try that? And also reducing the quality of your audioresample, do you really need the best (10) ?!

Thanks will try this. Im not using glava anymore though.