GPIO extension - internal pullup resistors are not functioning properly

OK here is my first post!

I’ve been playing with the GPIO extension and I cant get it to work on my Pi2. SO far I’ve done the following:
I’ve checked the config to make sure it is enabled.

I’ve tried to run the python test code, but it exits right after run, so I don’t know what to do. Whats the next step for debugging?
@9and3r the code in the directory is outdated, use the one in you drive

I measured the voltage on the pins, its 0 even though your code specifies a pull up. Once I pull the pins up, I see triggers in the python GPIO tester - only on main. This doesnt have any effect on the music though…

I’m able to confirm that the internal pullup resistors are not functioning properly. The pins show a low voltage, even though I have:

GPIO.setup(pins[‘pin_button_previous’], GPIO.IN, pull_up_down=GPIO.PUD_UP)

I hooked up the GPIOs to an external pullup and switch. I run 9and3s python code, and it returns the following when I press on the buttons randomly:

root@MusicBox:~# cd /opt/
root@MusicBox:/opt# ls
defaultwebclient gpio_input_tester.py gpio_input_tester.pyc gpio_input_tester_v2.py moped musicbox shairport-sync vc webclient
root@MusicBox:/opt# python gpio_input_tester_v2.py
Main button pressed
Main button pressed
Main button pressed
Next button released: Long press
Main button pressed

None of this changes anything with the playback of the music.

Can we just double check you are measuring and connecting up the correct pins as numbered using the BCM method (and not by their number on the board itself)?

I’ve never played around with any of this but the output of the test script doesn’t make much sense to me. Where are the matching “Main button released: XXXX press” and “Next button pressed” messages?

And since you need to modify the script anyway you might as well switch the long and short press messages around since they look wrong.

Exactly. I think the root of the problem has something to do with why my outputs are not being pulled up internally.

I double checked my pins and they look alright. The main and next buttons giving outputs where they are supposed to (aside from the fact that they don’t seem to toggle…)

I get a warning about GPIOs… Does anyone know whats going on?

2016-05-09 00:58:38,130 - WARNING  /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
packages/mopidy_ttsgpio/gpio_input_manager.py:31: RuntimeWarning: 
This channel is already in use, continuing anyway.  
Use GPIO.setwarnings(False) to disable warnings.
  GPIO.setup(self.led_pin, GPIO.OUT)

given that I am totally new to this, I figured that something may be wrong with dependencies, so I installed Mopidy-touchscreen (thanks psychology) and I saw that pygame couldn’t be installed. I apt-got pygame and my GPIOs work after reboot.

Not entirely sure what i missed, but it will be helpful to list dependencies for mopidy-ttsgpio. @9and3r

Hi.
Sorry for the late response.

The output seems wrong as said by @kingosticks.

I get a warning about GPIOs… Does anyone know whats going on?

The test script was developed in short time and it gives that warning if it is executed more than once.

Not entirely sure what i missed, but it will be helpful to list dependencies for mopidy-ttsgpio

Mopidy-Ttsgpio only needs Festival, mopidy and pykka to run. No idea how installing mopidy-touchscreen fixed the issue as the only difference on dependencies is pygame and it is not used on ttsgpio.

Thanks for the response. I’ll try to reproduce it today to figure out what was going on.