Connect to wlan with username

Hi there,

is it possible to connect to a wlan where it is necessary to input a username to connect to the wlan network?

I didn’t find anywhere a setting to input a username.

It is only availalbe to input a username and a psk key in the setting.ini.

I tried to add a variable, but that didn’t work so far.

Has anybody experience in this topic?

Thanks

No, we don’t support this.

If you want to connect to any non-WPA-PSK network you need to remove your wifi settings from settings.ini and provide your own /etc/wpa.conf file.

That is exaxtly what I’m trying to do

But if there is no support to provide a domain username, I see no way to connect it to the wifi environment.

By the way, if I add a username, it is empty after the next reboot.

Is it possible that the wifi is powerd off or for no ipv4 support?

Thx

Correct, you would need to set it up first. You would have to provide the file by writing the SD card from a computer that supports the ext file system (Linux, maybe Mac?) or plug it into a wired network first.

I do not understand what you mean by this.

Again, not 100% sure that you mean here.

If you understand what wpa.conf file you need to use then we can provide a mechanism that copies that file from the normal config section on the SD card (where settings.ini and friends currently live) to the correct place and uses that to connect. Similar to what regular Raspbian does. But I cannot provide any support or help on what the contents of wpa.conf would need to be in order to connect to your particular WiFi network, that’s up to you.

Thanks for the reply, via wired network it works fine :slight_smile:

By the way, if I add a username, it is empty after the next reboot.
–> i added in the wpa.conf a username, but it is empty after a reboot

Is it possible that the wifi is powerd off or for no ipv4 support?
–> I didn’t find out the ip adress of the wlan

Ok, I’ll try it with writing the wp.conf to the sd card

Thanks for your help

Every time the system starts, if you have set the wifi_network setting in settings.ini it will overwrite the contents of /etc/wpa.conf and trash whatever you’ve manually put in there. If you don’t set wifi_network then I’m not 100% sure if the wireless networking gets enabled. If this turns out to be case then I’m more than happy to get that fixed.