[Some of you have already started to use Remotedy, but here is the official announcement ;)]
Remotedy is an Android app for Mopidy
Requires Mopidy v1.0 or later
Requires Mopidy HTTP configuration
The design is targeted to be clean and responsive, while still functional for the user.
Remotedy currently supports following features:
- Mopidy backend extensions: spotify, soundcloud, local
- Play, pause, previous, next
- Volume, mute
- Now playing
- Search (results are shown in categories: artists, tracks, and albums and are browsable)
- Cover art in Now Playing, Playlist, Track list, Play queue and Search
- Your playlists
- Play queue (select a playlist; its tracks are added to the play queue automatically)
- Automatic updates from the player (current track, playback state, seek, volume, mute)
- Multiple devices (simultaneous control same music server from different devices)
- Multiple music servers (install music servers on multiple computers, switch between them in Remotedy)
- Dynamic app background (based on cover for current track)
Planned features for future releases:
- Browse (for instance Spotify’s curated playlists such as mood, top lists etc)
- Lock screen widget
- Edit tracks in play queue
Note: Remotedy is not an MPD client, it only works towards Mopidy. Remotedy uses the HTTP JSON-RPC API of Mopidy. Make sure to enable HTTP in the Mopidy configuration.
To configure Mopidy HTTP, add HTTP section in mopidy.conf with hostname :: according to: http://docs.mopidy.com/en/latest/ext/http/#configuration
The app will always be free (donate-ware).
All development is performed during my spare time.
Feedback is always appreciated!
Coverarts, music, and song titles shown in the screenshots and video are licensed under Creative Commons’ Attribution: