Uninstall (self developed) extension

Hey,

I was trying to create a custom frontend extension for Mopidy. I followed the Extension Development Docs and “installed” the extension via python setup develop.

At some point I actually installed it using python setup install. Unfortunately it turned out later that my extension is crap and I’d like to uninstall it. This is my question: How do I uninstall an extension which was manually installed via python setup install? Where are the extension files copied to? How do I remove the extension from the config?

I am running Mopidy 1.1.1 as service on current Rasbian Jessie.

Thank you very much.

python setup.py install copies the source code into one of your site-packages directories. There will be both a Mopidy-Foo-0.0.1.dist-info directory and a mopidy_foo directory.

python setup.py develop installs a single Mopidy-Foo.pth or Mopidy-Foo.egg-link file into one of your site-packages directories.

If you did this in a virtualenv, have a look in virtualenv_root_dir/lib/python2.7/site-packages. If you did this with sudo in front or as root, look in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages.

1 Like

Wow, fast reply!

I found it in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages.

Thank you very much.