Pi Music Box Enhancements

Good afternoon guys,

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for Mopidy! I love the Pi Music Box and it has replaced my old Hi-Fi system and physical media and has enriched my life a lot.

I found that there were some things that kinda bothered about the program and I wrote a couple of scripts to overcome them and I’d thought I’d share with you guys incase anybody is interested;

• Pi Music Box / Mopidy has no scheduled shutdown / sleep timer. Something I like to do when I’m listening to maybe an audiobook is to activate a sleep timer but no such option exists that I’ve found.

• Pi Music Box / Mopidy has no shuffle feature for folders / albums or entire song collections so I wrote a script to shuffle through music collections too.

• Pi Music Box / Mopidy has no alarm style feature. I have coded that into my script too as I keep my Pi Music Box on all the time (it’s running on a Pi Zero W).

I’m happy with this but they do require you to run the script at CLI so more of a power user script really but I’m sharing it here with you guys in the hope someone might find it useful!

Link-> GitHub - TheBlode/Pi-MusicBox-Scripts: A collection of scripts you can run on Pi Music Box

All the best,
Martin

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.