No sound after skipping song with spotify until drag slider

Set up mopidy on raspberry pi zero w and a line-out pirate audio. Used the pirate audio setup to install etc. Connected to spotify. No local media.

Sometimes when i skip a song (maybe 50% of the time), there will be no sound even though it shows the next song is playing. However, if I (through the web interface) use the playback slider and drag to another part of this song, it will start playing with the sound.

This seems to be the only way to get sound again, until the next song starts playing. Play/pause will pause the song, but still no sound when I resume.

Its random as to what songs. It will happen on songs that have played fine in the past.

If i leave it, eventually one of the next songs in the playlist will start playing (not from the start of the song). I also noticed that if I leave it, the playback slider will go past the end of the song (so a 2:09 long song, playback shows it playing 2:44 but is now stuck there)

Log doesnt seem to show much (verbosity at 4), just a bunch of this:
Jan 11 08:35:03 raspberrypi mopidy[5686]: DEBUG [Dummy-8] spotify.session Music delivery of 2048 frames, 0 consumed
Jan 11 08:35:03 raspberrypi mopidy[5686]: DEBUG [Dummy-8] spotify.session Audio buffer stats requested, but no listener
Jan 11 08:35:03 raspberrypi mopidy[5686]: DEBUG [Dummy-8] spotify.session Audio buffer stats requested, but no listener

Can you provide mopidy deps output. And a full log taken when the problem occurs. For example, when skipping tracks there should be a lot of relevent output.

Here is the mopidy deps output. The log is huge so i uploaded to dropbox. please let me know if this doesn’t work: Dropbox - mopidly.log - Simplify your life

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ mopidy deps
Executable: /usr/bin/mopidy
Platform: Linux-5.10.63±armv6l-with-debian-10.11
Python: CPython 3.7.3 from /usr/lib/python3.7
Mopidy: 3.2.0 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
Mopidy-Local: 3.2.1 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
uritools: 3.0.2 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
setuptools: 40.8.0 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
Pykka: 2.0.3 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
mopidy-raspberry-gpio: 1.0.2 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
Mopidy-Iris: 3.60.1 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
Mopidy-Spotify: 4.1.1 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
mopidy-pidi: 1.0.3 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
netifaces: 0.11.0 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
musicbrainzngs: 0.7.1 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
GStreamer: 1.14.4.0 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi
Detailed information:
Python wrapper: python-gi 3.30.4
Relevant elements:
Found:
uridecodebin
souphttpsrc
appsrc
alsasink
osssink
oss4sink
pulsesink
id3demux
id3v2mux
lamemp3enc
mpegaudioparse
mpg123audiodec
vorbisdec
vorbisenc
vorbisparse
oggdemux
oggmux
oggparse
flacdec
flacparse
shout2send
Not found:
flump3dec
mad

I am still having these issues. I have been trying to figure this out, but not having any luck yet.

Could be unrelated as it happens even when playback if fine, but in my logs, I still see this:

Feb 09 09:22:53 raspberrypi mopidy[409]: ERROR    [HttpServer] mopidy_iris.core [Errno 111] Connection refused

and:

Feb 09 11:04:59 raspberrypi mopidy[404]: INFO     [HttpServer] mopidy_iris.core Updating Snapcast stream metadata: http://localhost:1780/jsonrpc
Feb 09 11:04:59 raspberrypi mopidy[404]: ERROR    [HttpServer] mopidy_iris.core [Errno 111] Connection refused

But in iris settings, it shows snapcast is disabled. I have also tried adding a [iris] section with [snapcast_enabled = false].in the /etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf and have confirmed that is it set by running mopidyctl config

When I skip songs and lose playback, I don’t see anything else in the log when i do a sudo journalctl -e -u mopidy

Also, as an aside, when I put the [iris] section in the mipidy.conf, I lose 3 of the 4 gpio buttons. The play/pause still works, but the skip and volume stop working.

Overall, I love being able to play spotify with this pirate audio board and mopidy. I just wish I could fix these issues.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.