Local scan can't find mp3 files

I’ve just installed Mopidy and plan to use it to play a handful of lullaby and white noise MP3s stored on my RPi SD card. We don’t need it to do much, but I’m struggling to debug a problem - the local scan function can’t seem to find the test .mp3 files that I place there.

I’ve changed the media_dir in [local] in the mopidy.conf to my ~/Music folder and saved small test .mp3 files in there via WinSCP. My webclient, Iris, only shows a blank page under the Local -> Folders page, and a quick test of the Musicbox Webclient does the same. At no point does the command mopidy local scan give any cause for concern.

I’m fairly sure I’ve done something wrong here, but what exactly?

Did you restart Mopidy after running the local scan?
If yes, the actual command you used to run local scan and its output might be helpful…

Thank you for your reply. I should have attached the output from the command in the first place, sorry!

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ mopidy local scan
INFO     Starting Mopidy 2.1.0
INFO     Loading config from builtin defaults
INFO     Loading config from /home/pi/.config/mopidy/mopidy.conf
INFO     Loading config from command line options
INFO     Enabled extensions: iris, mpd, http, file, stream, mobile, m3u, simple-webclient, local-images, softwaremixer, moped, musicbox_webclient, party, api_explorer, local
INFO     Disabled extensions: none
INFO     Found 4 files in media_dir.
INFO     Checking 0 tracks from library. 
INFO     Removing 0 missing tracks.
INFO     Found 4 tracks which need to be updated.
INFO     Scanning...
INFO     Scanned 4 of 4 files in 0s.
INFO     Done scanning.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

This is the output after transferring 4 test mp3 files via WinSCP and restarting mopidy.

The folder I used to transfer to was /home/pi/Music, which is the file named as media_dir in [local] section of the config file.

If you’re running mopidy as a service, and not as local user “pi”, the actual command is

sudo mopidyctl local scan

as explained here: https://docs.mopidy.com/en/latest/service/#subcommands

I assume the config file you changed is /etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf?