Improve support for attachments in private messages

Sometimes, it is convenient/necessary for debugging purposes to exchange media files between users and Mopidy/extension developers. Rather than post these on Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar cloud or file-sharing services, I would prefer to exchange these directly on this forum via private messages, since I put a certain amount of trust in the operators of this forum :wink:

Now, thereā€™s already an Upload button in the interface, but from what I see content is limited to image files, and thereā€™s also a size limit which is insufficient for high-quality audio files. I guess it would be possible to change that; however, iā€™m aware there are some legal issues to this, tooā€¦

It looks like we can add file extensions that are allowed, or a wildcard to allow anything. The current image upload limit is 3MB and the current non-image limit is 1MB.

That said, Iā€™m a bit skeptical. How will we make sure that people donā€™t use the forum to share music illegally in private, without spending lots of time snooping around in the admin panel and/or database?

Yes, thatā€™s exactly what I meant by ā€œlegal issuesā€; if nobody can come up with a good idea how to manage this, leave it as is. Didnā€™t mean to turn this forum into a file-sharing platform :wink: