GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:decodebin cannot decode plain text files error


#1

Hi
Unfortunately, I cannot play any stream on my Mopidy version 2.1.0 installation on RPi 3 (2018-06-27-raspbian-stretch)
The config is default, changes are only in http enabled and stream enabled.

aplay and gst-launch-1.0 working well and I can hear sounds.
I installed Mopidy from pip and AudioAddict added.
When I tries to start play any radio stream I got error in mopidy log.
I tried to install mopidy from apt - result the same :frowning:

Could you please suggest how to ifx that?
Thanks

DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,540 [23304:HttpServer] mopidy.http.handlers
Received WebSocket message from 192.168.56.248: u’{“method”:“core.playback.play”,“params”:{“tl_track”:{“track”:{“model”:“Track”,“name”:“Atmospheric Breaks”,“uri”:“audioaddict:channel:403”},“model”:“TlTrack”,“tlid”:3}},“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“id”:107}’
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,551 [23304:Audio-2] mopidy.audio.gst
Changing state to GST_STATE_READY: result=GST_STATE_CHANGE_SUCCESS
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,555 [23304:MainThread] mopidy.audio.gst
Got STATE_CHANGED bus message: old=GST_STATE_NULL new=GST_STATE_READY pending=GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,559 [23304:SoftwareMixer-1] mopidy.mixer
Mixer event: volume_changed(volume=100)
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,561 [23304:SoftwareMixer-1] mopidy.listener
Sending volume_changed to MixerListener: {‘volume’: 100}
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,642 [23304:Audio-2] mopidy.audio.gst
Got source-setup signal: element=GstSoupHTTPSrc
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,938 [23304:Audio-2] mopidy.audio.gst
Changing state to GST_STATE_PLAYING: result=GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,941 [23304:HttpServer] mopidy.http.handlers
Sent WebSocket message to 192.168.56.248: ‘{“jsonrpc”: “2.0”, “id”: 107, “result”: null}’
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,943 [23304:Core-7] mopidy.listener
Sending volume_changed to CoreListener: {‘volume’: 100}
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:15,945 [23304:MpdFrontend-8] mopidy.listener
Sending mixer to MpdSession: {}
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:16,283 [23304:MainThread] mopidy.audio.gst
Got source-setup signal: element=GstSoupHTTPSrc
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:16,289 [23304:MainThread] mopidy.audio.gst
Got BUFFERING bus message: percent=100%
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:16,292 [23304:MainThread] mopidy.audio.gst
Got ERROR bus message: error=u’gst-stream-error-quark: This appears to be a text file (5)’ debug=u’gstdecodebin2.c(2843): type_found (): /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:\ndecodebin cannot decode plain text files’
ERROR 2018-09-11 07:29:16,293 [23304:MainThread] mopidy.audio.gst
GStreamer error: gst-stream-error-quark: This appears to be a text file (5)
DEBUG 2018-09-11 07:29:16,297 [23304:MainThread] mopidy.audio.gst
Changing state to GST_STATE_NULL: result=GST_STATE_CHANGE_SUCCESS


#2

My config in any case:

mopidy deps output:


#3

I think (my memory is awful) we get those when the playlist is malformed and can’t be find the streams so it defaults to text. Can you provide the full log showing what it’s fetching and ideally the playlist file it’s downloaded? I don’t have an account with these guys to try it.


#4

Hi @kingosticks
Sure. I uploaded debug log from start to issue at dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w58o9hi1xn5g1e6/mopidy.log?dl=0
I used playlists that were generated by AudioAddict extension ( in my case I used streams from di.fm ) but the same error in cases when tried to play other stream urls

UPD: some direct urls working well, for example: http://stream-bg.net:8020/AlphaRadio
It’s looks like AudioAddict extension is not working well


#5

In additional …found weird behavior
when I add direct stream (http://stream-bg.net:8020/AlphaRadio) the sound plays and all good, further tries to use any stream from AudioAddict ( got error ) and further try to uses first stream again - the error still present adn need to restart mopidy.


#6

OK, well I can explain some of this weirdness. The latest release on pypi is from 3/11/14 which is missing some rather important code added back in 4/10/15 (and explains why your debug log doesn’t match the source code).

You could install the development version straight from github but even that doesn’t work properly, all the streams it gave me are dead:

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=7
File1=http://pub6.di.fm:80/di_atmosphericbreaks
Title1=DI.FM - Atmospheric Breaks
Length1=0
File2=http://pub2.di.fm:80/di_atmosphericbreaks
Title2=DI.FM - Atmospheric Breaks
Length2=0
File3=http://pub7.di.fm:80/di_atmosphericbreaks
Title3=DI.FM - Atmospheric Breaks
Length3=0
File4=http://pub8.di.fm:80/di_atmosphericbreaks
Title4=DI.FM - Atmospheric Breaks
Length4=0
File5=http://pub1.di.fm:80/di_atmosphericbreaks
Title5=DI.FM - Atmospheric Breaks
Length5=0
File6=http://pub5.di.fm:80/di_atmosphericbreaks
Title6=DI.FM - Atmospheric Breaks
Length6=0
File7=http://pub4.di.fm:80/di_atmosphericbreaks
Title7=DI.FM - Atmospheric Breaks
Length7=0
Version=2

Judging from the open issues the extension doesn’t seem to be maintained and I guess the AudioAdict API has changed.


#7

Ok, thank you very much @kingosticks for explanation and quick response.
very sad that this extension not maintained now :frowning: and not working out of the box.
Thanks.


#8

I’ll ask for the project status and then if someone has time to resurrect it they can do so (it won’t be me).

See https://github.com/nilicule/mopidy-audioaddict/issues/12